Activities and such

Ever since I heard about it, I’ve liked the idea of Battlefleet Gothic (BFG). I didn’t know anyone who played it and the models are pretty expensive for what they are so I didn’t think much more about it until one day when I was poking around ebay or craiglist or something. There was a lot of BFG models including a pile of rule books and BFG magazines all for $200. This was well below cost and I jumped at the opportunity. That was nearly 8 years ago now and I’ve never done a thing with any of it until somewhat recently. I finally assembled and based all of the models and then they sat again untouched.
I broke out the airbrush last weekend to get some colour down on a couple of Lizardmen regiments and afterward decided to base coat the Imperial Fleet as well. Airbrushing is amazing; I got the based coat and a highlight of dark grey done on all of the Imperial ships in about 30 minutes! I plan on doing a final highlight this Wednesday and also doing some quite spot colors for windows, gun barrels and such. If that goes well enough, I may also get started on all of the prows…. something of a point of interest on the Imperial ships. I will post some photos of the work as well.
I’ve been working on a number of projects lately while still managing to get things finished rather than get distracted. I think I need to keep things broken up like this so I don’t burn out like I tend to do when going full steam ahead on one army. Aside from the BFG and Lizardmen painting action I’ve been working on my second scratch built dreadnought drop pod, which will be plasticard instead of cardboard this time around… although I’m not sure that it’s a huge improvement for this particular model. You can cut out printed cardboard quickly with scissors but tracing out the cuts on plasticard is a bit tedious, especially for complex shapes. I wonder if plasticard would run through my printer!
I’ve also been pondering my Eldar paint scheme lately and have changed from a yellow and blue Iyanden army to a turquoise and white army that I can’t recall the name of. Having an Imperial Fists project in the works as well, I’m likely to get sick of painting yellow and I want the Eldar to have a very unique look to them among the rest of my armies so that they feel more alien. I’m planning to do up a squad of banshees or a warlock as a test. I hope to get started this weekend.
I recently changed and fancied up the project gallery summary page a bit to include projects that I haven’t properly started yet but I fully intend to complete. This will give people an idea of what might be coming up and also remind me of what I need to do!
Finally, I’ve been doing a lot of building and tweaking of Warhammer: Invasion decks on my deckbox account.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: